I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Saturday 14 March 2015

Blackberry Chicken

I love looking to the world wide web for inspirations and ideas for meals, especially when I want to put ingredients together that are not typically paired together.  Our freezer is still full of berries from last summer that we would like to use up before the summer so I decided to hunt for a recipe.  I found a recipe on a great blog called The Gracious Pantry and I modified it a bit based on what I had on hand.  I am sure it is a blog I will return to for more recipe ideas!
 I served it with some roasted vegetables.

Blackberry Chicken

1 onion, sliced into rings
4 chicken breasts
1 cup frozen blackberries
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp minced rosemary
3 cloves minced garlic
  1. Make a layer of onions in the bottom of the crockpot and place the chicken over top.
  2. Scatter the blackberries over the chicken.
  3. Whisk together the balsamic, rosemary and garlic before pouring it over the mixture in the crockpot.
  4. Cook on low heat for 6 hours or high for 3.

1 comment: