I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Saturday 28 February 2015

Blueberry Coconut Pancakes

Whenever I ask my toddler what she wants to eat, 99% of the time she will say pancakes.  Pancakes are a special breakfast in our house that we like to do on the weekend.  I thought it would be nice to try a new recipe for a change so I went online and did some searching.  I found a couple of pancake recipes made with coconut milk and I am a huge fan of coconut milk.  Knowing that we still have a bunch of blueberries in our deep freezer to use up in the next couple of months, I decided this would be a great recipe to try.
The pancakes tasted wonderful and had just a hint of coconut.  If you really want a coconut flavour I would suggest adding some coconut flakes to the batter as well.  I like my pancakes with a lot of blueberries so adjust the amount of blueberries in the recipes to you liking.

Blueberry Coconut Pancakes

1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2c tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 14 oz can coconut milk
1tsp vanilla
1 egg
2 cups blueberries
  1. Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
  2. Whisk the coconut milk together until it is smooth (I find it helps to heat it up a little bit). Then add the addition wet ingredients, whisking them until they are blended.
  3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and mix enough to moisten all the dry ingredients.  
  4. Lightly stir in the blueberries.
  5. Heat a non-stick pan or griddle to medium heat and oil the surface as needed.  Pour enough batter on the surface to make the pancakes your desired size.  I will usually use 1/3 of a cup per pancake.
  6. Allow the pancake to bubble and the edges begin to dry before flipping to cook the other side.
*I will often turn my oven on to the lowest setting so I can keep the first pancakes warm while I use up the batter. 

1 comment:

  1. Could you provide the recipe for the sauce on top of the pancakes? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete