Salmon Berry Muffins
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 tbsp butter
2 c flour
1 c sugar
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup yogurt
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 1/3 cup salmon berries
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- If you are going to use the topping, mix together the flour, sugar and lemon zest. Then add the butter and blend it with a fork until the mixture resembles course crumbs.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another small bowl combine the lemon zest, egg, vegetable oil, and yogurt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined.
- Add the berries and gently stir trying not to break up the berries too much.
- Spoon into muffin tins and then sprinkle the topping on.
- Bake for about 22 minutes or until when you insert a toothpick it comes out clean.
you have baking powder twice in the recipe list. do i use 2tsp baking powder and 3/4tsp baking soda or the other way?ReplyDelete
Thanks for catching that for me! It is 2 tsp baking powder and 3/4 tsp baking soda. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.ReplyDelete
These are amazing! Springy and moist. It's hard to make salmon berries worth eating in baked goods, but this recipe is a definite winner. I added a tsp of vanilla and also used vanilla yogurt. And a few big squeezes of lemon juice. And I also sprinkled a Tbsp of sugar over the berries and let them stew whilst I mixed ingredient. Thank you from this SE Alaskan! (a.k.a. The salmonberry capital of the world)ReplyDelete
...and baked at 375* for only 17 minutes. Made 18 regular sized muffins.ReplyDelete
Those are amazing ! My toddler love them. We do them without the topping.ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
My favorite recipe for all berry muffins. Thank you, Kathryn!ReplyDelete