I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Saturday 20 October 2012

Swiss Chard with Pine Nuts and Garlic

So this year we decided to grow some chard in our backyard this year and we still have a lot left to use up before the frost comes so when I had my family over for dinner I thought it would be a great time to use some of it up.  I wanted to try something different so I decided to search for a new recipe.
This recipe was fairly easy to through together last minute while my husband was carving the beef.  I hope you enjoy it.

Swiss Chard with Pine Nuts and Pan Roasted Garlic

2 tbsp oliveoil
3 cloves garlic
1/3 pine nuts
1 bunch Swiss chard
1/4 cup water
salt and pepper
dash of lemon juice
  1. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.  
  2. Slice garlic very thinly and add to the oil, cooking until it is lightly browned.
  3. Add the pine nuts and sauté until golden brown.  Remove the garlic and pine nuts and set aside.
  4. Trim stems from the chard and cut them into bite size pieces.  Add the stems to the pan with water and simmer until the water has evaporated.
  5. Chop chard leaves roughly and add to pan.  Season lightly and toss them until they wilt. 
  6. Return the garlic and pine nuts to the pan and sprinkle with lemon juice.  Adjust the seasoning and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment