I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Thursday 26 December 2013

Roasted Mushrooms and Pearl Onions

I love it when you find a simple recipe that you can make in advanced for a big meal, especially when the dish is full of flavour and a hit with everyone (everyone who likes mushrooms that is).  This recipe is so easy to make and it doesn't need any extras added to it, but if you feel like you need to add more you could always add your favourite fresh herbs or some garlic.  
I did last minute shopping so I ended having to do a mixture of mushrooms because of what was available.  Since I had to get was available I halved or quartered the large ones. I made these on Christmas Eve and then stuck them in the oven on Christmas day to heat up. It turned out great.
Apparently you can get pearl onions in the freezer section at the grocer but I opted to use some fresh ones instead.  The frozen ones would make the prep work faster since you do not have to top, tail and peel them.

Roasted Mushrooms and Pearl Onions

1 1/2 pounds of small, cremini mushrooms
8 oz pearl onions
1 tbsp olive oil
Coarsely ground salt an pepper to taste.
  1. Preheat the oven to 425.
  2. In a bowl, toss the onions and mushrooms with salt and pepper.
  3. Spread them in a single layer on a baking sheet.  
  4. Roast for 30 minutes or until tender and brown, stirring half way through.  

No comments:

Post a Comment