I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Monday 17 June 2013

Lemon Sorbetto

I love lemons! I find them so refreshing.  The only thing I would rather have than a glass of lemonade on a hot summers day is the lemon sorbetto.  It really hits the spot.  I have tried making this a couple of time with different varieties of lemons but I think my favourite type to use is the regular variety you get at the grocery store.

Lemon Sorbetto

1 cup fresh lemon juice, strained and chilled
2 cups water
2 cups sugar
1 tbsp finely chopped grated lemon zest
  1. In a medium saucepan, combine the water and sugar.  Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking often to help the sugar dissolve.  Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 4 minutes.  Continue whisking until the sugar has dissolved.  Remove from the heat and let cool, then transfer to a bowl, cover the bowl and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
  2. Combine the simple syrup, lemon juice and rind in the container of the ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment