I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Thursday 28 February 2013

Grain-free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate chip cookies have to be one of my ultimate comfort foods.  The other day I knew someone that needed some cheering up who has lots of dietary issues so I thought it was a perfect excuse to try out this recipe.  I don't know if I have mentioned it before but when I try out a new recipe that I am uncertain of I like to have people to share it with.  That way if I don't like it, I have other people around to eat it.  It turns out for this recipe I didn't need to any back up for eating, I think my husband would have preferred if I hadn't told this individual to expect the cookies because it means there is less for us to enjoy.
As far as cookies go, this is a pretty healthy recipe and you get some protein when you eat them.

Grain-free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/4 cup chick peas, rinsed and patted dry
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
1/4 honey or agave
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips.
  1. Preheat the oven to 350.
  2. In a blender or food processor combine all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips until they are smooth.
  3. Stir in chocolate chips.
  4. Wet you hands and roll into 1 1/2 inch balls.  Lightly press the cookies onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
  5. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment