I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Thursday 9 August 2012

Lavender Apricot Jam

After all the success and requests I had for my Blueberry Lemon Lavender Jam I thought I would give this recipe a try.

Lavender Apricot Jam

4 cups finely chopped and pitted apricots
4 cups sugar
1/4 cup lavender flowers (dried or fresh)
  1. In a bowl, alternate layering the apricots sugar and lavender.  Leave it to macerate over night.
  2. Sterilize jars and warm the lids.
  3. In a heavy bottomed pot, add the apricot, lavender and sugar mixture and bring to a boil.  Stir frequently.
  4. Continue to boil, but keep the heat as low as possible, continually stirring until it reaches the setting point.
  5. Ladle into sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch of headspace.  Seal with war lids and process according to jar size.
*** It is best to wait a month for the flavours to really develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment