I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Wednesday 3 July 2013

Summer Tomato Salad

There are so many wonderful things about summer and one of the things I enjoy is the ability to eat fresh locally grown produce.  My husband and I keep a vegetable garden but this year with the baby we haven't really planted anything except for tomatoes and some herbs.  Our tomatoes are not ready yet but this salad is one that taste amazing, especially when you can use tomatoes fresh off the vine.  It is even better if you can pick the herbs from the garden as well.

Summer Tomato Salad

2 - 3 fresh, sliced tomatoes
~ 1/2 cup green onions
~ 1/2 cup parsley
~1/4 cup fresh basil
1/4 - 1/2 cup feta cheese
1/3 cup olive oil
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp dijon mustard
  1. Slice the tomatoes and lay out the slices on a large platter or an attractive plate.
  2. Sprinkle each slice with chopped green onion, fresh basil and parsley.
  3. Top with crumbled feta cheese.
  4. Blend together the olive oil, vinegar and dijon.  Sprinkle it onto the salad just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment