I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Friday 24 July 2015

Pizza Dough

In our neighbourhood there is a very fancy expensive pizza joint and their pizza is amazing.  They have pizza designed for a sophisticated palate and their creations are delicious.  I decided that I too can make fancy pizzas with what I have at home and cater it to my current cravings.
In order to do this, I could not use something store bought for the crust, I had to find a recipe I could put together without too much effort and that didn't take too much time to be ready to use.  After some searching, this is what I decide on using.  This recipe made a nice light crust.  The crust is fine as it is but if you want to add a little extra flavour you could always add a little seasoning to it.  

Pizza Dough

2 cups flour
2/3 cup plus 2 tbsp lukewarm water
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp yeast
  1. Mix together 1 cup of the flour, water, sugar, salt and yeast (and any extra seasonings you may desire).
  2. Gradually add the remaining cup of flour until it forms a ball.
  3. Knead briefly on a floured surface.
  4. Let the dough raise for 10-15 minutes in a bowl covered with a towel or plastic wrap.
  5. Spread out onto a pan and cover with your favourite toppings.
  6. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment