I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Tuesday 30 July 2013

Zucchini Bake

It is that time of year again, zucchinis are in season and if you have ever grown them you know how prolific they can be.  With the baby it can be a little tricky to know how long she will sleep so I am not sure if I am going to get a chance to do much preserving this year so I have been on the lookout for new ways to use up zucchinis.  I was doing some house sitting and came across a zucchini and cheese bake recipe but for the life of me I could not find a cheese grater anywhere in the house so I decided to try it with out the cheese.  It turned out quite well and I am pretty sure it will become a summer staple for us.  It is really easy to prepare, especially if you use a food processor or mandolin to slice up the vegetables.

Zucchini Bake

2 large zucchini, thinly sliced
2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp olive oil
  1. In a large baking or casserole dish alternate layering the zucchini, mushrooms and red onion.  
  2. Sprinkle the top with the oregano and olive oil.
  3. Preheat the oven to 400. Cover the dish with tinfoil and bake for 30 minutes.  Remove the tinfoil and bake for another 10 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment