I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Wednesday 8 October 2014

Apple Mustard Chicken

This year we had a pretty good crop or apples to use up and so far we haven't had much luck keeping them over the winter.  We were having some good family friends coming over for dinner and I wanted to feature some of what we harvested this year.  I came across this recipe and thought it would be perfect for dinner.  It was simple to put together and I did the first steps before our guests arrived and cooked the chicken once they got to our house.  I served the chicken with roasted vegetables and a green salad.The result was wonderful!  The flavours went so well together and the chicken was nice and moist.
I made some extra and mixed it with pasta for dinner the next night.
I am sure this would work well with pork chops as well.

Apple Mustard Chicken

1 apple, cored and chopped
1 onion, diced
1/8 cup chopped prunes
4 chicken breasts
3 tbsp butter
1 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp whole grain mustard
1/4 cup cream
  1. Melt the butter in a skillet on medium heat, add the apple and onion and cook until soft.
  2. Add the chicken broth, prunes and mustard. Allow to simmer for a few minutes.
  3. Reduce to low heat and add the chicken breasts.  Cover and poach until the chicken has cooked through (around 15 minutes).
  4. Add the cream and allow to simmer until the sauce thickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment