I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Tuesday 28 October 2014

Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese

As I mom, I know how nice it is to have boxed meals on hand that are easy to make but I also know how much I care about the food I let my little one eat.  I was very happy when I came across this recipe for home made stove top mac and cheese.  It honestly doesn't take too much longer than making a box of the blue stuff and I know how to pronounce everything that goes into it.
I will often put in some frozen vegetables in with the pasta.  You can also get creative with the different types of cheeses you use.

Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese

2 cups pasta, any shape
1 1/2 cups milk
2 tbsp flour
2 cups grated cheese
1/4 tsp mustard or onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
  1. Cook the pasta to your desired tenderness and drain.
  2. While the pasta is cooking, heat 1 cup of milk over medium heat.  Whisk together the rest of the milk with the flour and mustard/onion powder.  As the milk starts to steam stir in the milk mixture and allow it to thicken.
  3. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the cheese.
  4. When the sauce and pasta are ready combine them in one pot.  Stir to make sure the sauce coats the pasta before serving it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment