I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Tuesday 4 November 2014

Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies

I am very guilty of having a sweet tooth and not the greatest self control.  So last night when I saw some Craisins in the drawer and thought of a great Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookie my aunt would make it didn't take long for me to decide I should make a batch to enjoy.
This cookie is just a little bit more grown up than your standard chocolate chip cookie recipe.  I really enjoy the hint of cinnamon.  They freeze well so if you have room in your freezer why not make a double batch?

Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup flour
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup dark chocolate chips or carob 
  1. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
  2. Cream together the butter and sugars.  Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
  3. Stir in the flour mixture small parts at a time. Then add the rolled oats.
  4. Add the cranberries and chocolate chips
  5. Place tablespoon size drops of the dough on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment