I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Friday 10 May 2013

Baked Asparagus with Balsamic Butter Sauce

I love using balsamic reductions on different vegetables.  I wanted to try something new with asparagus the other night so I decided to try it with a balsamic reduction.  The asparagus was amazing and the remaining reduction is being saved to use again tomorrow night for a salad or on some other vegetables.

Baked Asparagus with Balsamic Butter Sauce

1 bunch asparagus
salt and pepper
cooking oil
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
  1. Preheat the oven to 400.
  2. Break the woody ends off the asparagus and toss with oil, salt and pepper.
  3. Place in a baking dish and bake for 12 minutes.
  4. While the asparagus is in the oven, melt the butter in a saucepan.  Once it has melted add the balsamic vinegar and the soy sauce.  Bring it to a simmer and allow it to reduce while the asparagus is baking.
  5. Pour the reduction over the asparagus just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment