I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Apple Sage Sauce

In the past I have gotten a Sage and Apple Stuffing mix and one evening when having some ravioli I decided to use it with some butter on the pasta.  Normally I like to use a pesto on ravioli but the stuff I was planning to use turned out to be mouldy.  The stuffing mix really complemented the flavours of the ravioli.
This year our sage plants have done very well and so I decided I would try to make my own sauce to use with pasta.  This was a simple sauce that did not take very long to make and would complement many dishes.

Apple Sage Sauce

2 apples, cored and chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
1tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
butter, as needed
sugar, as needed
  1. Fry the apple and onion in butter until the onion is translucent.
  2. Add a little water, enough so half of the apple is covered. Simmer to soften the apple for about 15 minutes.
  3. Add the sage and mix well.
  4. Continue to heat as necessary to remove excess water.  Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment