I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta

One evening I was going through the fridge trying to get inspired from the ingredients I already had.  I really dug around and was pleasantly surprised with what I had found.  I realized I had many ingredients for a recipe I had seen from  Ina Garten.  Since I didn't have all the ingredients I modified the recipe based on what I had in the kitchen one night.
I was really happy with the outcome of this experiment and I will make it again.  This would be a great dish to take to a potluck and the leftovers a great for lunches.  I think it would be fun to experiment more with different types of pasta.  I think it would be very nice with a cheese tortellini.

Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta

Olive oil
1/2 lb pasta of your choice
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
3/4 kalamata olives
3 chopped roma tomatoes
6 chopped sun-dried tomatoes

Dressing
5 sun-dried tomatoes
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
6 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove
1 tsp capers
3/4 tsp ground pepper
1 cup parmesan
2 tbsp dried basil

  1. Bring a pot of water to a boil with a splash of olive oil.  Cook the pasta according to directions. Darin and then allow to cool.
  2. Put the dressing ingredients into a blender.  Pulse the blender until the dressing reaches your desired consistency.
  3. In a large bowl combine the pasta, olives,  mozzarella, tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes.  
  4. Add the dressing and toss before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment