I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Sunday 3 March 2013

Chocolate Rice Krispie Squares

I am trying to do a bit of a spring cleaning of my kitchen cupboards by using up stuff that have been inside for awhile.  Yesterday's task was to use up some cereal, marshmallows and chocolate chips.  Naturally a rice krispie square came to mind.
Normally I just make a plain one but I thought might as well melt the chocolate chips in with the marshmallows.  It turned out very well and I am sure it will not last very long.  For this recipe you can modify how many chocolate chips you are, the more you add the more chocolatey it will be.

Chocolate Rice Krispie Squares

1/4 cup butter
1 1/4 cups marshmallows
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
6 cups rice krispies
  1. Grease a 9x13 inch dish.
  2. In a heavy bottom pot, melt the butter, marshmallows and chocolate chips over a medium-low heat (you don't want it too hot because of the chocolate).
  3. Once these ingredients have melted together add the rice krispies and stir until it is well combined.
  4. Scrape out into the prepared dish, evening it out with the back of a spoon.
  5. Allow it to cool before enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment