I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Sunday 8 November 2015

Apple Cheddar Biscuits

I like to have some bread or a biscuit to enjoy soup with, especially when the soup is so tasty I want to mop up every last drop of it to be sure that none is wasted.  I don't have time to make a nice french loaf very often and getting all of us out of the house to go pick up a loaf from the local baker is sometimes a little daunting.  Especially on rainy days when every one is tired.
I have had a bunch of old magazines with recipes I have wanted to try piling up in my house over the years.  Recently I have decided to look through them and tear out the recipes I think I will actually try and then recycle the rest.  After I try the recipe, if I like it I will post it so I don't have to keep the loose recipe around and I know I will always be able to find it when I want it.  The other day I found this wonderful biscuit recipe in Canadian Living.  It is a perfect biscuit to enjoy with fall soups.  They were a hit in our house and one of my little ones kept sliding a chair to the counter so she could help herself to them.  The batch didn't even last 24 hours.  I am sure I will be making these again soon.

 Apple Cheddar Biscuits

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cold butter cubed
1 cup shredded extra-old Cheddar cheese
1 cup grated, cored and peeled baking apple
2 tbsp minced chives or green onions
3/4 cup milk
  1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
  2. Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse oatmeal with a few large pieces.
  3. Stir in the cheddar, apple and chives.
  4. Using a fork, stir in the milk to form a ragged dough.
  5. Drop into roughly 1/3 cup mounds on a parchment lined baking sheet.
  6. Bake at 425 for 13-15 minutes or until they are lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment