I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Wednesday 25 November 2015

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I know I have found a good recipe when it disappears quickly and everybody asks me for the recipe.  This is one of those recipes and a couple of people have reminded me they would like the recipe so I better post it.
These cookies are soft, lovely and moist.  I love the spice combination in them, I always add extra spice to cookies.  Please note that this recipe has the increased spice values in it so if you want a more subtle spice to the cookies I suggest you reduce the amount of spices you use. These cookies freeze well, but the trick is keeping them in there.  I hope you enjoy this twist on chocolate chip cookies.
*Note these cookies are chilled for 3 hours before they are baked so don't start by preheating the oven.

Pumpkin Chocolat Chip Cookies

1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar, plus 1/3 cup for coating
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 tbsp molasses
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, plus 3/4 tsp for coating
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
Pinch of salt
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
  1. Cream together the butter, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup white sugar.  
  2. Beat in the egg and vanilla until they are light and fluffy.
  3. Beat in the pumpkin and molasses.
  4. Combine the remaining dry ingredients (sans the cinnamon and sugar needed for the coating) in a separate bowl.  I suggest giving this a smell to see if you want to alter the spices.
  5. Gradually start adding the mixture to the wet and make sure it incorporates completely.  
  6. Stir in the chocolate chips.
  7. Form the dough into balls about the size of two table spoons and place them on a plate.  I suggest having some wax paper between the layers on the plate.  Chill for 3 hours,
  8. Preheat the oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
  9. Combine the remaining cinnamon and sugar.  Roll the dough in the coating before placing them on the cookie sheets and lightly press them down with a fork.  Make sure there is good spacing between the cookies.
  10. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges and tops have started to set.  The cookies firm up as they cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment