I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Wednesday 2 December 2015

Turkey Tetrazzini

We love turkey season in our house because we are able to get several meals out of one bird.  We will often purposely make a bird much larger than we need to feed everyone just so we have lots of leftovers for various leftover turkey recipes.
I think this is one of my favourite recipes to use up the extra meat.  I will sometimes make this a gluten free recipe by using cornstarch instead of flour to thicken the sauce, leave out the bread crumbs and use spaghetti squash in lieu of the noodles.  Regardless of what I use, this casserole gets eaten up quickly without complaints.

Turkey Tetrazzini

1 tbsp butter
1 onion, finely chopped
4 ribs of celery, finely chopped
2 carrots, finely chopped
3/4 cup frozen peas
1 cup sliced mushrooms
pinch of salt and pepper
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup flour
4 cups broth
1 cup parmesan cheese, divided
4 oz cream cheese
8 oz pasta of your choice (cooked)
2 cups diced turkey meat
1/2 bread crumbs
  1. Melt the butter in a pan and sauté the onions, celery, carrots and mushrooms until they are tender.
  2. Add the flour and stir until the vegetables are coated.  
  3. Add the wine and stir until the flour has been absorbed
  4. Gradually add the broth, stirring constantly.
  5. Bring the mixture to a boil, and reduce heat.  Frequently stir the mixture while it simmers for five minutes.
  6. Remove from the heat and add the cream cheese and 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese, stirring until they melt.
  7. Add the peas, pasta and turkey.  Make sure you combine the new additions well.
  8. Transfer the mixture to a oiled casserole dish.
  9. Combine the remaining parmesan cheese and the bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the top of the pasta mixture.
  10. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes and allow it to rest for 15 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment