I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Roasted Carrot Soup

I have always found going back to school a really busy time trying to adapt to the new schedule.  The past couple of years I have started to try and make a pot of soup a week so I can take it with me for lunch or on a busy night I can have it for dinner.  This was the first pot I have made for the year and it turned out marvelously so I thought I would share the recipe.

Roasted Carrot Soup

Preheat your oven to 400.
Wash and cut up 5 pounds of carrots. (I cut them into about 3 inch peices)
Cut 2 large onions into chunks.
Place the vegetables in a large roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil.
Sprinkle the vegetables with 2 Tbsp of vegetable seasoning.
Place the pan in the oven to roast for an hour, tossing the vegetables a few times.
Prepare 8 cups of Bouillon
In batches puree the vegetables together with the bouillon.

It makes roughly 12 cups of a thick soup.  If you prefer a thinner soup just add more bouillon.  You could also add some ginger, garlic and turnip if you wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment