I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Sunday 26 August 2012

Cranberry Orange Muffins

I love the combination of cranberries and oranges, the flavours blend so well together.  It is almost like they were meant to be joined together in baking because they complement each other beautifully. 
This is a fairly healthy muffins proving to be a good source of both fiber and vitamin C.  As I have said before I love having muffins in the freezer to pull out for a quick breakfast or a snack before running out the door.

Cranberry Orange Muffins

1 1/4 cups bran cereal
1 1/3 cups low fat plain yogurt
1 egg
1 tbsp orange zest
1/2 cup orange juice 
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup vegetable oil or apple sauce
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup cranberries
  1. Preheat the oven to 375F and lightly grease or line a muffin tin.
  2. Combine the cereal and yogurt in a mixing bowl and let it sit for 5 minutes.
  3. Add in the orange zest, orange juice, honey and vegetable oil and stir until mixes well.
  4. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and cranberries.  Stir in the wet ingredients until just mixed, it should still be lumpy.
  5. Spoon into the muffin tins.
  6. Bake for 25 minutes or until they have set and the tops are golden.


No comments:

Post a Comment