I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Fruit and Nut Chocolate Bark

I am a bit of a chocoholic and I enjoy Dairy Milk's Fruit & Nut bar as a treat every so often but I was really excited to find this recipe.  It isn't hard and I am sure I could figure it out myself but sometimes you need to see a recipe before you decide to make it.
I also like to pretend it is a little healthier when I make it than the store bought bar because I like to use good quality chocolate and different fruits that I have dried myself.  In my mind the home made bark cuts out at least some of the preservatives and saturated far.  Even if you don't agree with me please let me continue in my ignorance.  As they say, ignorance is bliss! ;)

Fruit and Nut Chocolate Bark

3 cups dark Belgian chocolate
3/4 cup mixed dried fruit
3/4 cup toasted almonds
  1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl in a hot water bath.  Once the chocolate begins to melt remove from the water and stir the chocolate until it has all melted.  If you need to, return it to the hot water bath.
  2. Mix in the dried fruit and almonds.
  3. Spread evenly onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and allow it to cool and harden.
  4. Break it up into pieces and enjoy for yourself or share it with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment