I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Orange Almond Biscotti

Well the weather making it feel like fall is on the way and with the cooler weather around the corner I like to enjoy a nice warm drink after being outside in the cold.  I am not a coffee drinker, I prefer hot cocoa or a nice apple cider.  When I am enjoying my warm drink the kid in me still love to dunk in a cookie or a biscotti.  I especially like how the almond and orange in this recipe enhances the flavour of the drink and vice versa!
The first time I made these I was really surprised at how easy the were to make.

Orange Almond Biscotti

1 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 oranges, zested 
3/4 cup sliced almonds
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter,  melted
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 egg white, slightly beaten
decorating sugar (optional)
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
  2. Combine the flour, baking powder, zest and almonds.
  3. Beat the eggs with the sugar, butter and almond extract.  Combine both mixtures until the form a sticky dough.
  4. Form the dough into a long ball on a lightly floured surface.  Divide the dough into two.  
  5. On a parchment lined baking sheet, make two long logs.  Brush with the egg whites and sprinkle with the decorating sugar.
  6. Bake for 20 minutes.
  7. Allow it to cool for five minutes before transferring to a cutting board.  Slice diagonally into 3/4 inch pieces.  Return them to the baking sheet with the same side upright and cook for another 20 minutes, or until golden.
  8. Transfer to a cooling rack and then store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment