I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Spiced Stuffed Mushroom Caps

I am a sucker for stuffed mushroom caps and they would be a weekly menu item at my house if they were a little healthier.  I usually make them when I have some mushrooms in the fridge that need to be used up.
I wanted to stray from my regular recipe so I looked online and found this one.  It was a little on the spicy side for my liking but that would be simple enough to fix but cutting the amount of cayenne pepper in them.  I hope you like them.

Spiced Stuffed Mushroom Caps

12 whole fresh mushrooms
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper



1.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
2.
In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
3.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
4.
Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment