I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Friday 30 November 2012

Nuts and Bolts

For me, it just isn't Christmas without Nuts and Bolts.  They have always been a staple and I can't remember a Christmas without them and I hope I never will!

Tomorrow, my husband and I are having our annual Wine and Cheese Potluck so I thought I had better make a batch to prepare for the party.  I love how simple they are and how good they taste.
For storing I always have them in a ziplock freezer bag and store them either in the fridge or the freezer.

Nuts and Bolts

1 box Shreddies
1 box Cherios
1 bag Pretzel sticks
2 boxes Cheese Nibs
1 large bottle of Worcestershire sauce 
1 lb butter
garlic powder, onion powder and tabasco sauce to taste
  1. Preheat the oven to 200.
  2. Mix the first four ingredients in a large roasting pan.  If it isn't big enough, use two.
  3. Melt the other ingredients in a pot.
  4. Pour the melted mixture over the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
  5. Place in the oven and cook for 1and 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes.
  6. Lay out on newspaper covered table to absorb some of the excess liquid.
  7. Store in freezer bags in the fridge or freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment