I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Monday 19 November 2012

Turkey Casserole

In my family we often will do a Christmas in November for the family members that cannot make it to actual Christmas.  We had ours this past weekend so I had turkey leftovers to use up.  There was a fair bit so instead of just making a turkey soup I decide to do a turkey casserole as well.  I love making casseroles because it is easy to make twice as much so you can freeze one for later and that is exactly what I did.
The recipe I have posted is for enough for one large casserole dish or it can be divided into two smaller ones.  I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Turkey Casserole

1 package egg noodles
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp flour
3 1/2 cups cold milk
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup diced bell peppers
1 onion
1 tsp garam marsala
1 tsp dried tarragon
1 cup grated pepperjack cheese
3 cups cubed skinless turkey
enough crushed potato chips to cover the top


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in boiling water, stirring occasionally until almost cooked through and still firm to the bite, about 4 minutes. Drain.
  3. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour; cook, stirring, until mixture is light golden, about 3 minutes.
  4. Pour milk into butter and flour mixture, whisking constantly. Stir in cream of mushroom soup, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, green onions, garam masala, and dried tarragon. Bring mixture to a simmer, cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
  5. Stir in pepperjack cheese until cheese is melted and incorporated.
  6. Stir pepperjack cheese mixture, turkey meat, and noodles in a large bowl until evenly incorporated. Pour mixture into a large casserole dish. Sprinkle chips on top, pressing down slightly with the tines of a fork. Bake in the preheated oven until casserole top is golden brown and sauce is bubbling, about 30 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment