I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Mushroom Crumble

I love to use mushrooms in my cooking and I was very excited to find a simple recipe that features their amazing flavour.  This is a great way to uses up those mushrooms in your fridge that are getting older and starting to split.  Depending on what I have in the fridge I might also add some celery, garlic and onions.  This recipe freezes great so I will often try to make a couple at a time to freeze one.  If there are leftovers they taste great the next day.  In my house this recipe is a favourite and there are rarely leftovers for lunch.

Mushroom Crumble

1 Tbsp (15 ml) unsalted butter
1 small onion or 2 shallots, finely diced
1 lb (450 g) mushrooms, sliced
sea salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp (30 ml) pine nuts
1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
Topping:
1/4 cup (60 ml) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (125 ml) breadcrumbs
1/4 cup (60 ml) unsalted butter
sea salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
  1. Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C). Lightly spray an 8” x 8” (20 x 20 cm) glass baking dish with vegetable oil. 
  2.  In a large frying pan, melt butter and sauté onion or shallots with mushrooms. Add Sea Salt and Pepper. Cook until moisture from mushrooms has evaporated. 
  3. Spread mushroom mixture on bottom of baking dish, sprinkle with pine nuts and parsley. 
  4. In a medium bowl, mix together topping ingredients until crumbly. 
  5. Sprinkle topping over base. Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment