I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Friday 2 August 2013

Curried Zucchini Soup

Zucchini season is here and they are growing like crazy.  Now it is time to try all those recipes I have saved on my desktop or found in a cookbook so over the year.  I think we get enough zucchinis during the season that I don't go out of my way to buy them when they are not in season.  Plus if I don't have enough time to make use of them before I get the next batch off the vine then I will freeze them for soups, sauces and muffins to use throughout the year.
I came across this recipe for a soup that could be serve hot or cold and figured it would be worth a try.  I don't think I would have thought to use curry powder with zucchini on my own.  I really enjoyed the flavour of this soup.  It is a nice and straight forward recipe that does not require too much prep time which is a bonus in my books.

Curried Zucchini Soup

1 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp curry powder
1 large or 2 medium zucchinis, sliced

  1. In a large saucepan, over medium heat, add the oil and onion.  Stir occasionally, until the onion is soft (about 4-5 minutes).  Add the garlic and curry powder, stirring constantly until it is fragrant.
  2. Add the zucchini and add enough water to cover the zucchini.  Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat, simmering the zucchini until it is tender.
  3. Using a blender or an immersion blender, puree the soup and then serve at your desired temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment