I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Wednesday 16 April 2014

Slow-Roasted Garlic and Lemon Chicken

I have always loved the combination of lemon and garlic.  They go so well together.  I am still on the mend and needing help with my little one.  Today my Mom was out with her and called asking if I could do something with the chicken in the fridge.  After looking around to see what I had to work with I thought of this recipe is one that my Mother-in-law makes and it is absolutely wonderful.
It takes some time but the prep work is not very labour intensive and the end result is definitely worth it.
This recipe can be easily modified to work with chicken breasts if that is your preference.
I have tried this recipe with using both thyme and rosemary, both work wonderfully!
I decided to roast vegetables along side the chicken and they turned out very well.  I put some potatoes, carrots and onions in with the chicken when there was about 45 minutes left.

Slow-Roasted Garlic and Lemon Chicken

1 chicken cut into 10 pieces
1 head garlic, separated into cloves
2 lemons cut into chunks
small handful fresh thyme
3 tbsp olive oil
1 cup white wine
black pepper
  1. Preheat the oven to 320 F.
  2. Put the chicken pieces into a roasting tin and add the garlic cloves, lemon chunks and the thyme. Add the oil, mix everything together and then arrange the chicken pieces so they are flat with the skin side up.
  3. Sprinkle with white wine and freshly ground black pepper before covering tightly with foil.  Cook at low heat for 2 hours and allow the flavours to intensify.
  4. Remove from the oven and turn the oven up to 425 F. Remove the foil and cook the chicken for another 30-45 minutes.
*Recipe adapted from Nigella Lawson

No comments:

Post a Comment