I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Tuesday 22 April 2014

World's Best Cookies

I guess I should start out by saying I did not name these cookies, this is what we always called them growing up and it is the title on the top of the recipe.  They are very good and very tasty cookies but there is a possibility you may have tried a better cookie in your life.

While I was out of commission with my leg and staying at my wonderful in-laws house I started looking through my MIL's cook books.  I always enjoy looking through other peoples cook books for new ideas.  As I was looking through one of them I found a cookie recipe that looked very similar to one my Mom would often make when I was growing up.  I was excited to find it and I told my Mom about the recipe.  She was kind enough to make them from the recipe I had found when I was next at her house but they were not quite right.  On the weekend while digging out another recipe my Mom found the recipe she used while I was growing up.  I thought I better post it so I can always have access to it.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I always have!

Worlds Best Cookies

1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup crushed corn flakes
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
  1. Preheat the oven to 325.
  2. Cream together the butter and sugars until it is light and fluffy.
  3. Beat in the egg, vanilla and oil until it is smooth.
  4. Stir in the oats, cornflakes, coconut and nuts.
  5. Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda before stirring it into the mixture.
  6. Roll into balls the size of walnuts and blazed onto an ungreased cookie sheet.  Flatten them with a fork and bake for 10-12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment