I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Saturday 25 May 2013

Carrot Bran Muffins

Like everyone, I seem to go in vegetable phases and recently we have been eating a lot of carrots whether it is raw, cooked or in baking.  Today I decided I would try to use up some bran I have had in the pantry for a while and since my horse is on a diet I thought making carrot bran muffins for me to eat would be a perfect way for me to save him the calories.  Lucky for me, Libero does not have a computer and I am pretty sure he can read.  He would not be happy to see that I made muffins instead of spoiling him.

I love having a muffin stash in the freezer because they are so handy for a quick snack or breakfast on the run.  Since I have a new born quick food that is easy to grab is a necessity.  The recipe was quick to prepare (a must at the moment) and tastes great.

Carrot Bran Muffins

1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup bran
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
3/4 cup butter milk
1/2 cup canola oil
2 tbsp molasses
1 cup raisins
1 1/2 cups grated carrots
  1. Mix together the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.  In a separate bowl combine the buttermilk, oil, molasses and eggs.
  2. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until everything is just moist.
  3. Fold in the raisins and grated carrots.
  4. Divide the batter into muffin tins. (Makes about a dozen).
  5. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment