I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Monday 6 May 2013

Cocoa Puffed Wheat Squares

Sometimes the easiest recipes make the yummiest treats.  This is easy to through together at the last minute and has always been one of my favourite guilty pleasures from childhood.  Strangely enough I always thought they would be hard to make.
I remember having it as a snack at an ex's parents house and asking his mom for the recipe.  I was surprised how easy it was to make and it is pretty easy to clean up after making it too.
Growing up we would always have rice crispy squares but I always hated having to scrub the pot afterwards to remove the marshmallow goo.  As long as you soak this pot, it is really easy to clean.

Cocoa Puffed Wheat Squares

8 cups puffed wheat
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1/3 cup corn syrup
1/3 cup butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  1. Measure out the puffed wheat into a bowl.
  2. Combine the other ingredients in a saucepan on the stove.  Melt the ingredients together over medium heat.
  3. Pour the chocolate syrup over the puffed wheat and stir with a spatula until the puffed wheat is coated.
  4. Using a spatula press the puffed wheat into a 9x9 inch greased pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment