I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Saturday 21 September 2013

Buttermilk Waffles


Homemade waffles are a weekend guilty pleasure around my house.  Store bought frozen waffles have their place for something quick on a weekday morning but homemade are far superior.  I have been known to make extra waffles on the weekend to freeze to use during the week.
I love having a relaxing morning where I can make some waffles and not be in a rush to get out of the house.  I hope you get a chance soon to enjoy a slow peaceful morning enjoying these wonderful treats.

Buttermilk Waffles

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 cups buttermilk or sour milk
1/2 cup cooking oil or melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
  1. In a medium bow stur together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and set aside.
  2. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs slightly; stir in the milk, oil and vanilla.  
  3. Add the egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture.  Stir until just moist (it should still be slightly lumpy).
  4. Pour enough batter onto your waffle iron and cook according to the manufacturer's directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment