I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Apricot Jam

I love the farmers market close to my family's farm the have great deals with wonderful local product.  I found a great deal on a case of apricots and I have been working my way through them.  With the maceration it is a two day process but the results are amazing!  I hope you enjoy this simple recipe.

Apricot Jam

Equal parts sugar and finely chopped apricots.
  1. Layer the apricots and sugar and leave them to macerate overnight.
  2. Sterilize jars and warm lids.
  3. In a non-reactive pot, add the apricots and sugar.  Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
  4. After about 15 minutes of boiling, continue to boil at a lower temperature on a lower heat.  Stir continuously until it reaches the setting point.
  5. Ladle into sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch of headspace.  Seal with warm lids and process for time appropriate based on the jar size.

No comments:

Post a Comment