I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Tuesday 10 September 2013

Coconut Sorbetto

For as long as I can remember I have always loved the taste of coconut and I am always looking for ways to incorporate it into my meals.  This is a easy sorbetto to make and it has a wonderful taste.  Since it uses coconut milk instead of dairy milk it is one of the few sorbettos that is dairy free.  It is a nice way to finish off a good meal and pairs well with a mango sorbetto.

Coconut Sorbetto

14 oz can unsweetened coconut milk (not light)
1 1/4 cups water
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup sweetened shredded dried coconut
  1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the coconut milk, water and the sugar.  Whisk the mixture to dissolve the sugar.
  2. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 4 minutes.
  3. Pour into a bowl and allow enough time for it to completely cool before placing it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
  4. Stir the shredded coconut into the mixture.
  5. Pour into the container of an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer's instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment