I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Homemade Taco Seasoning

The amount of sodium, additives and preservatives in prepackaged food drives me crazy and I prefer to make my own seasoning if I can.  I came across this recipe online and I was very excited to try it.  It really is just a guideline on how to start but you can always play with the portions of each ingredient until you are happy with the taste.
It works great on meats and if you want to spice up your grated cheese in dishes.  We toss grated cheese in it to make a tex-mex cheese for nachos.


Homemade Taco Seasoning

1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper

Use a mortar and pestle to blend the ingredients together.  If you have any extra, store in an air tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment