I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Tuesday 15 October 2013

White Sauce

I like using this white sauce as a base for many things and it is very easy to add extra flavours into.  I wanted to make a casserole to use up extra turkey and I don't like using canned soups because of all the 'extras' found in the commercial varieties.  
The milk will blend more readily if it is pre warmed.

White Sauce

5 tbsp butter
4 tbsp four
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups milk
  1. Melt the butter in an heavy saucepan over a low heat.
  2. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until well blended.
  3. Remove from heat and add the milk.  Stirring it constantly to blend.
  4. Return to heat and cook, stirring until the sauce has thickened and is smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment