I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Sunday 13 October 2013

Maple Baked Acorn Squash

I love squash! They are tasty, filling and easy to prepare.  They are the perfect side dish to a meal because you just need to scoop out the seeds, put it in some butter and seasoning and then through it in the oven to bake while you make the other parts of the meal.
This year we are in luck because the vines produced plenty so we have lots to enjoy.

Maple Baked Acorn Squash

1 acorn squash
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp maple syrup
  1. Preheat the oven to 400.
  2. Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds.  Score the inside of the squash and place cut side up in a baking dish filled with 1/4 inch of water.
  3. Coat the inside with 1/2 tbsp of butter, sprinkle the brown sugar over the surface and drizzle the maple syrup over top.
  4. Bake for about an hour, until the flesh has softened and slightly browned.
  5. Spoon any excess sauce over the flesh before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment