I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Friday 25 October 2013

White Wine Pasta Sauce

This is one of those trying to use up ingredients in the fridge type of recipes.  I was looking through a cook book of mine and found a recipe for a mushroom stroganoff and it looked tasty so I decided to make it.  When I looked at the recipe closer it called for a white wine sauce but did not have one anywhere in the book.  I searched online and this is what I came up with.  The sauce on its own is very nice but it is also great when you add some mushrooms and onions to it.
If you would like a thicker sauce you can add some flour or cornstarch.

White Wine Pasta Sauce

4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
5 tbsp butter
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup chopped flat leafed parsley
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
  1. Heat olive oil over medium high heat.
  2. Add garlic and sauté until golden.
  3. Add the butter, black pepper and white wine. stirring to combine.
  4. Remove from heat, adding the parsley and cheese before using on pasta.


No comments:

Post a Comment