I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Thursday 21 June 2012

Spiced Chickpeas

I found this recipe when flipping through a cookbook that I had not used yet.  I was determined to try a recipe out of it and this is the one I choose.  I am glad I did because it was a hit with the couple we had over for dinner.  It is definitely one I will be making again.  I also think it would be fun to experiment with different spice blends.

Spiced Chickpeas

3 tbsp peanut oil
2 cups canned chick peas, drained and patted dry
3 tbsp sugar
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp coarse salt
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1) Preheat the oven to 300 F.
2) In a heavy bottomed skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add chickpeas and sprinkle sugar over them. Saute, tossing frequently, until chickpeas are golden brown, 5-7 minutes
3) Using a slotted spoon, transfer chickpeas to a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with Salt, Cumin, and red pepper flakes and toss gently to coat. Roast until chickpeas are crisp and dry, 50-60 minutes. Let cool before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment