I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Zucchini and Tomato Risotto

I love risottos, they taste so good and they are a great way to use up the vegetables in you fridge before they go bad.  It also has always impressed guest I have for dinner.  Risottos are a bit time consuming but it is well worth it in the end if you ask me.  The general for risotto is a two to one ratio between the broth/stock you use and the arboio rice.  It is always nice to through a splash of white wine in to enhance the flavor.

Zucchini and Tomato Risotto

4 tomatoes or 1 can crushed tomatoes
1 medium zucchini (grated)
1 onion (diced)
1 to 2 cloves garlic (minced)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup arboio rice
1/2 dry white wine
2 cup bouillon 
1/2 cup grated Parmasan cheese (grated)


  1. Place the butter, onion and garlic in a medium sauce pan on medium heat and sautee until tender.  
  2. Add the rice and stir for about two minutes so it can absorb any extra oil. 
  3.  Add the bouillon a ladleful at a time, stirring occasionally until it is absorb.  Continue doing so until you are out of stock.  
  4. When you are about half way through the stock add the remaining vegetables as well as the white wine. 
  5. Once you have added all the stock stir in the cheese.  Remove from heat and cover.  
  6. Let it sit for 5 minutes before you serve.   

No comments:

Post a Comment