I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Balsamic and Chili Glazed Mushrooms with Walnuts

I was excited to find this recipe because I enjoy all of the ingredients and it is very versatile.  We enjoyed it with some chicken and asparagus tonight.  It would also go great with a salad, on top of rice or just as a light meal on its own.

Balsamic and Chili Glazed Mushrooms with Walnuts

1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 - 1 tsp chili pepper flakes
2 large garlic cloves minced
1 cup broken walnut pieces
3 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
1 lb fresh button mushrooms
  1. In a small bowl, mix together vinegar, lime juice, sugar, garlic and red pepper flakes.
  2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add the walnuts, stir constantly for 2 -3 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant. Remove them and set aside.
  3. In the same skillet add the oil and heat it over medium-high heat.  Once it is warm add the mushrooms and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
  4. Add walnuts to skillet and the vinegar mixture while stirring constantly for another couple of minutes or until the sauce is bubbling and the mushrooms are well coated.

No comments:

Post a Comment