I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Thursday 31 January 2013

Blushing Broccoli and Cauliflower

It is always nice to find simple recipes to make vegetables more interesting as sides to dinner.  One of my favourites growing up was steamed broccoli and or cauliflower with melted cheddar cheese on top. Simple enough and very tasty!
The other day when I was looking through different recipes I came across this one and thought it was a simple twist to an old staple so I tried it out.  It only added a couple of minutes to the prep time of the veggie with just melted cheese and it add so much more flavour!

Blushing Broccoli and Cauliflower

1 head cauliflower
1 bunch broccoli (about the same amount as the cauliflower)
1 can low sodium tomato soup
3 tbsp skim milk
2 tsp vegetable seasoning
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
  1. Cut the broccoli and cauliflower into small florets.
  2. Steam the vegetables until tender crisp, about 8 minutes.
  3. Meanwhile, bring the tomato soup, milk and vegetable seasoning to a simmer.  
  4. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese, allowing it to melt.  Return it to the heat it if needs help.
  5. Place the steamed vegetables in a serving bowl and pour the sauce over top. Serve immediately. 

1 comment:

  1. I used the leftover sauce on some pasta and it was a great way to use it up.

    ReplyDelete