I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Monday 14 January 2013

Rosemary and Chickpea Soup

I am always looking for new ways to use chickpeas as I am not a big fan of meat.  I was happy to find this recipe because I have a lot of fresh rosemary in my garden and I love to use it in my cooking.  This was an easy soup to make and fairly mild.  If you like spice I would add more red pepper flakes.  This is a fairly thick soup if you make it following the recipe I have posted but if you would prefer a thinner one, simply add more broth or water to it.

Rosemary and Chickpea Soup

3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for garnish
8 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, minced
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
3 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
4 cups chick broth
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
sea salt
  1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.  Add the rosemary, garlic and pepper flakes.  Stir constantly until the garlic begins to brown.
  2. Add the chickpeas and continue to cook for about two minutes, stirring continuously.
  3. Add the broth and bring to a boil.
  4. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
  5. Puree the soup with an immersion blender or in a stand blender.
  6. Stir in lemon juice and sea salt (to taste).
  7. Drizzle with olive oil and some extra pepper flakes when you serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment