I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Wednesday 15 July 2015

Creamy Rice Pudding

I have not mastered the art of making the perfect amount of rice to feed our family.  I usually make too much and have leftovers of rice but not what I was serving with it.  I don't like to eat day old, reheated rice so our dog will often get it.
Tonight I decided to try and turn the leftover rice in the fridge into a rice pudding for dessert.  It was easy enough to make and we all enjoyed it.  The only one who I am sure will be disappointed about me using this recipe more frequently is our dog.

Creamy Rice Pudding

1 1/2 cups cooked rice
2 cups milk divided
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
1/3 white sugar
3/4 cup raisins (optional)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp butter
cinnamon to garnish
  1. In a saucepan combine the rice, 1 1/2 cups of milk and the salt.  Stir over medium-high heat until the mixture is thick and creamy.  It should take about 15-20 minutes
  2. Whisk together the egg, sugar and the remaining milk.  Pour it into the rice mixture and add the raisins if you are using them.  Stir the mixture continually until the egg has set (about 3 minutes).
  3. Remove from heat and stir in the butter and vanilla.  

No comments:

Post a Comment