I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Sunday 19 July 2015

Zucchini Oatmeal Spice Muffins

If you have looked through my blog, you will see I make a lot of muffins.  I find muffins to be a wonderful snack to have on hand.  I will often make a double or a triple batch so I can have some in the freezer to pull out as I need them.  Muffins are easy to grab as you are about to head out the door.  They are great for little ones to much on in the stroller.
Here is a lovely muffin recipe to use up zucchinis.  I will often add extra cinnamon, raisins and pecans.  I used a giant one and scraped out the seeds.

Zucchini Oatmeal Muffins

2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup flax seeds
1/3 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup oats
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup mlk
4 eggs
3/4 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cups peeled and shredded zucchini
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 pecans
  1. Combine the first eight ingredients in a mixing bowl.  Make sure they are well blended together.
  2. Whisk together the wet ingredients.
  3. Pour the wet into the dry and stir until just blended.
  4. Fold in the zucchini, raisins and pecans.
  5. Bake at 400 for 20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment