I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Saturday 18 July 2015

Corn and Zucchini Saute

I guess this is my first zucchini post of the summer and I am sure it will be my first of many.  This year we have 4 plants in the garden.  I know you are probably thinking why on earth would you plant that many zucchini plants? We tend to have a bit of a problem with slugs in our garden so I always have to plant more than I think I will need so I can hope to have one or two plants survive.  If our garden was at our home, it would be a lot easier to deal with these pest but right now life is busy and we only get out to the garden once or twice a week.
My new vice is Pinterest and it is a great way to find new recipes (and waste time while your at it).  This is one I came across a while ago and decided to save it for the summer.  I think it is a perfect recipe to have in the summer, especially if you have corn and zucchini in your garden.  It does not take long to prepare and tastes wonderful.  It is one I will keep on hand to use in the future and use whatever I happen to have on hand in the fridge.

Corn and Zucchini Saute

1 medium zucchini, halved and cut into thin slices
corn cut off 3 ears of corn
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 cup torn basil leaves

  1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok.
  2. Saute the onion until it is translucent.
  3. Add the zucchini slices and garlic.  Toss around in the pan for a couple of minutes, until the zucchini is bright green.
  4. Add the corn and season with salt and pepper.  Stir the vegetables until the corn is heated.
  5. Remove from the heat and add the vinegar and basil before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment