I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Monday 25 March 2013

Quinoa Tabbouleh

I decided to make tabbouleh the other day when I was shopping so I got all the ingredients except for bulgur thinking I had some at home.  When I was ready to start making it I realized I was mistaken but I still had my heart set on tabbouleh so I decided to make it with quinoa instead.  It turned out to be a great substitution and I think I may prefer it to bulgar.

Quinoa Tabbouleh

1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
2 cups fresh parsley
1 cup mint
6 green onions
3 medium tomatoes
juice of one lemon
1/3 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
  1. Cook the quinoa as to package directions.
  2. Finely chop the parsley and mint.
  3. Slice the green onions cross wise, including the greens.
  4. Core and coarsely chop the tomatoes.
  5. In a serving bowl, toss the quinoa with the parsley, mint, onion, tomatoes and lemon juice.  Stir in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment